Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tulips in February

An amazing colleague and dear friend of mine was so sweet to deliver a card and tulip plant to me with a touching message last week.  Which reminds me, I need to start wearing waterproof mascara again!  Being the "mush pot" that I am, I got teary eyed while reading her heartfelt words.  She wrote how she intentionally got tulips that were closed to remind me that patience brings beauty as we wait for it to bloom.  The best part was how she related it to the patience that God is nourishing in us as we await for our little one and birth mother to choose us.  She wrote that our family will "bloom" one day soon too!  It was the sweetest message and a beautiful reminder that good things come to those who wait.  Saturday afternoon, one bud was slowly opening and by evening, the other one began to open as well.  Today, both opened up.  Tulips in February are lovely!

1 comment: