Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birth Day

Many of you know I recently celebrated the "12th" anniversary" of my 29th birthday.  It was a week shared with friends, family, and hubby.  I received so many thoughtful and meaningful gifts and felt MORE than blessed.  Although in the back of my mind, I so kept hoping I would receive the one gift I wanted more than anything.  So, my birthday came and went and I felt a little sad to be honest.  I thought, how cool would that be for a baby to be born on my birthday!?   I had to give myself a little "You can't handle the truth!" kind of pep talk to make myself snap out this!  I know deep down that day will come when we get the call.  I know there will be a special new date that will be so meaningful to us. 


I shared the tulip story on my last post and since then, a pleasant little surprised emerged...  A third little "baby" tulip popped up and has blossomed.  I couldn't help but think of the two larger tulips as a "mommy and daddy" and the new little one as the "baby".  Maybe that was a little sign from God to give me hope and continue to have faith.  Maybe it was HIS gift to me to and a gentle reminder of what is to come. 
                               

2 comments:

  1. I love the tulip story. Such beautiful meaning and I will always think of when my outdoor tulips bloom.

    ReplyDelete