Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Abe Lincoln and my Mom

I would not think to link President's Day to remembering my mom, but when I came across this quote by Abraham Lincoln, it just hit the nail right on the head!  "All that I am and hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."  So true!  I am glad my mom said no to me growing up.  I am glad she taught me about how to treat others.  I am glad she put her foot down on me not getting my ears pierced until I was 13.  I am thankful she insisted I call her to check in whenever I arrived somewhere as a teenager.   I am grateful I actually had to work to buy the things that I wanted instead of my parents just giving them to me.  All of these little things add up to the person I am today.  I can only hope to be as loving a mother as she was. I "act out " in my mind the things I hope to instill in our child.   "All that I am and hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

made by Leelou

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. I am sure your mother is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,

    My mom said the same things to me. I guess that's what good mom's do...

    Your mom must have given you a wonderful example of what love looks like as a mother.

    I know YOU will be an amazing mother to your little one:)

    Wherever he or she my be :)

    Praying for you and your baby...

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete