Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Snow-M-G!"

Well, after two snow days this week, I look out my window and what do I see yet again? MORE SNOW!!  Forecast for tonight? snow Tomorrow's forecast?  a bit more snow  Monday?  you guessed it, even more snow!  Several people mentioned to me this week that with the cold weather, recent snow and ice storms, and the power outages, we are sure to have a surge in babies in the fall.  Probably a sure bet!  I hope we don't have to wait that long, but we continue to have faith and support from so many.  I did finally get the nerve to call our adoption agency this week to get some updates.  There are 10 couples (we are one of them of course) who are currently waiting for placement.  Since November, (the last time I called) the agency has been pretty steady with one or two placings each month.  Our case worker did mention that the babies who were placed had special circumstances.  One was a kinship placement (the baby was placed with a relative).  Another already knew the couple who they wanted to place their baby with.  There are currently only a couple birth mothers that they consider "active" right now.  We do not know when they are due or any details, but the agency is purposely vague so we don't get our hopes up.  It makes sense and it is better in my opinion.  I just keep focused and find comfort in reading other adoption blogs and scriptures.  In particular:  Psalm 33 20-22 "We wait in hope for the Lord...he is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.  May your unfailing love rest upon us O Lord, even as we put our hope in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment