Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back to the Grind

It's August!  That can only mean one thing... getting ready for back to school!  I have mixed feelings on this time of year.  I am excited to go back to my room and begin setting up, but I am also sad to see summer coming to an end.  I decided to log my hours this time and take pictures each day so people can see the progress and just how much time it REALLY takes to set up a classroom.  So, I have been super busy these couple days!  (Did I mention they do not turn on the air conditioning and it's sweltering hot? uuuggghhh!)  Aaahh yes, its' back to the grind!

Along the same topic... we had a 2nd match opportunity last Friday!  I know!  Two potential matches in one week with the new, second agency.  Totally unexpected!  Well, long story short, we had to pass on this one too.  In a nutshell, the birthmom wanted more of an open adoption.  She wanted 2 face to face visits per year.  Although, the grandmother wanted 4 visits per year. (I think NOT!)  Plus, PLUS, they wanted pictures taken with the 15 month old sibling with the new baby once a year.  We are just not comfortable with that.  I know many families who love their open adoption relationships and have had great success.  No disrespect to them, but we are a little guarded and would feel best with a semi open adoption.  We are willing to meet the birthmom before the baby is born in a neutral location, set up by one of our agencies.  We are willing really, really want to be at the hospital for the birth of the baby or immediately afterwards.  In addition, we are totally fine with sending photos & letters once a year or more, but through the agency, not directly.  God has sent us some pretty awesome signs lately, even though these two recent ones didn't work out.  I feel grateful for the opportunities.  Our faith is growing ever stronger as we take this journey.  Our prayers go out to those birthmoms and babies for the right couple to be matched with them.  Whoever our birthmom is, we are confident in God's perfect timing.  So, back to the grind (of waiting).  Waiting in hope, waiting with faith, we trust in Him. 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this process so challenging!!! I too would be uncomfortable with so much contact with teh birth family. We adopted internationally (can't remember if I had mentioned that). We have had NO contact with birth family. Never had any during the process.We did not get Daniel as a newborn, he was 10 months old. While I like that we do not have the birth family in our life, I know the time will come when he will have questions about them that we can not answer. For that reason, I see the positive to having a semi open adoption. Good Luck to you. Your baby will come.

    ReplyDelete