Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 8, 2011

I wasn't going to say anything,but...

O.k., I  wasn't going to say anything, but this whole Casey Anthony case is just sad. Sad.  I don't know what else to call it. If the trial had happened during the school year, I probably wouldn't know so much about it.   Plus the fact that it was practically on every single station, it was hard to escape it. (In between watching Regis and Kelly, The Proposal (again for the 27th time), and I'm ashamed to admit also watching reruns of Sex and the City and Keeping Up with the Kardashian's.  What is wrong with me?!) Part of me has a real hard time looking at her and thinking, "Really? You got to be a mom?"  How is that fair?  From my position and all the hoops we've had to jump through to "prove" ourselves worthy of being parents, it just sickens me that beautiful little girl is gone.  I don't think we'll ever know all the details, but Scott and I both agree that she will be judged by Him one day.  The ultimate consequences will fit the crime in the end.  And now... now, get this... they are contemplating creating a law, called Caylee's Law, proposing two new federal offenses: failure of a parent to notify authorities of a missing child within 24 hours and failure to report a child's death within one hour.  REALLY?!  Are you kidding me?!  Has our society gotten to the point that you actually have to start making common sense into laws? Yes, otherwise, why would we have to take 30 hours of parenting classes, have FBI and background checks, be fingerprinted, etc... I could go on and on, I had to vent.  Sorry, but sometimes you just reach a point when you say, enough already.  Ironically, as I type this, Natalie Sulaman (a.k.a "Octomom") was being interviewed on the news and the kids were EVERYWHERE into EVERYTHING on the set.  Four other news anchors and cameramen had to intervene and round up the little cuties.  OMG does she have her hands full!  That's a whole other blog post on that situation! (BTW... I'll take one of those little ones off your hands, I'm not greedy.  I just want ONE! 

1 comment: