Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Choosing to SEE

I have been wanting to read "Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman  (wife of Christian singer/songwriter Steven Curtis Chapman) for a while now. It is her story of struggles in her life, both happy and tragic.  She shares the deepest thoughts and feelings as she is forced to wrestle with some of life's biggest questions: Where is God when things fall apart?  Why does God allow terrible things to happen?  How can you survive hard times?  Questions I have pondered with events in my life as well.  I'm sure many of you have often wondered the same things.  She is very candid and I highly recommend reading it.  You will need a box of tissues though!  I saw Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman on t.v. being interviewed about the book last winter.  I was instantly drawn in to their experience of adopting three little girls from China.  I wanted to hear their perspectives.  But then, the basis for the whole book was about the death of one of their little girls.  Even though I knew it was going to have sad parts, the way she explained how she dealt with the loss and how she still looked to God was incredible.  I checked the book out at the library on Monday, and today is Wednesday, I'm on chapter 35 already with about 50 some pages to go.  I'll be done tomorrow no doubt!  This is just one of those books you can't stop reading! (at least for me)  Here is a link to Mary Beth's site and a short video about the book.  http://marybethchapman.com/?page_id=74




No comments:

Post a Comment