Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Wait" Training

Tomorrow is April 1st already!  Where did March go?  I just updated our "registry" at Babies R Us.  It's more of a "wish list" though really.  The only thing I updated, or changed rather, is our "due date".  Initially when we registered back in the fall, I set the "due date" of Jan. 1st.  Well, that day came and went, so I made the new "due date" April 1.  Only now, did I realize it is also April Fool's Day! That wasn't so smart!  So, I've now changed our "due date" for the third time to June 8th. (the last day of school)  How ironic would that be?!  I feel kind of depressed to be changing it YET again, but am trying so hard to continue to be patient.  In my daily readings of other couples, who are also waiting and blogging about their journey, I came across Alison, from "Lovin' Much" ,and her take on waiting:
(http://lovinmuch.blogspot.com/)

Psalm 40, for those of you who are waiting patiently for something, or who are living in despair for whatever reason, this psalm and verses 1-3 are especially for you (and me!): “I waited patiently for the Lord to help me and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.”  Patient waiting. It’s so hard to do. But God does something in waiting like no other time. "Lovin' Much"  affectionately calls it “wait training.” Just like with our physical bodies, we need “weight” resistance to build our muscles, God needs times of “wait training” that cause resistance to our faith. But its purpose is to build our spiritual muscles. During these times our faith is made stronger like no other time.

I totally connected with this!  Not only do I need to go to the Y and do my weight training here soon, but I have some serious spiritual muscles to continue building as well.

What are you waiting on in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment