Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Praise You in This Storm

Well, I was a little disappointed to find my favorite song no longer will play on my blog!  (John Waller's, "While I'm Waiting")  The lyrics perfectly described our adoption journey wait.  I tried to rebuild the playlist and searched and fiddled with it for too long.  So, I took it as a sign, maybe I should find a new song.  I found two that hold special meaning to me.  The first song, "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns, was introduced to me by a close friend and colleague who helped me deal with my mom's passing in 2009.  As I listened carefully to the lyrics again, they still relate to the different "storms" that I am experiencing in life now.  How fitting too, for a windy, rainy, kind of day. The second song captured my attention just by the title alone.  "Ready for You" is exactly how I feel about the baby we will adopt.  We are MORE than ready for a little one, for Him to bless us with a family finally.  So, we continue to pray and wait patiently (and sometimes not so patiently).  These songs are a source of comfort to us.  What are the "storms" in your life?  Perhaps you might find these songs relate to you in a different way. 

"We would never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world." - Helen Keller

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the blog , Kim. So touching and so well done. Frank and I will definently be following this.
    BTW, we had a great time Saturday evening. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

    ReplyDelete