Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eagle Cam

A teacher at school gave me a link to a live feed of an eagle's nest with newborn eaglets.  I immediately thought of Scott because he LOVES all things eagles!!!  I sent the link to our home email and what do I come home and see?  Scott logging on to our laptop and anxiously awaiting the streaming video.  I didn't even take off my coat, I plopped right down next to him and we watched the momma eagle roosting atop her 6ft. wide, 4ft. deep nest.  The tall pine tree in which she was perched, swayed back and forth in the wind as her feathers ruffled.  We literally sat for almost an hour watching, reading the live chat on the side of the screen, awaiting a view of her little ones.  Then, the minute Scott said, "O.K., I need to go work out" and he left the room, that's when the eagle stood up we saw them!  Of course I yelled, "She up, she's up! I see her babies!!!"  We watched momma eagle in her mammoth nest as she carefully tucked her talons in to walk over to the fish that the daddy eagle caught and brought earlier.  The three eaglets are furry, fuzzy white little things, cute as can be.  I couldn' t help but think, look at us with these birds!  If we are this "ga ga" over them, we are going to be this way times TEN with a newborn!!! Oh my goodness!! It was addicting to say the least!  Here is the link:
http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html .  I dare you not to let yourself get caught up in watching the beauty of a family of birds!  These little eaglets will capture your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment