Bath time is ... interesting now. Kiley is beginning to pull herself up or get on her knees and start to stand around the house. Now during her bath, she tries to kneel and stand. Ahhhhh! Let's just say I get a bath too, now.
She is teething again this weekend. She got her first teeth very early at 4-5 months, so we aren't surprised she is getting her first molars early now. They are so swollen. She has been fussy and running a slight temperature the last couple days. Cold teething rings, wet washcloths, toys, nothing seems to remedy her pain. Our pediatrician said NOT to use Orajel to numb it. We thought about pulling a "Meet the Parents", and put some rum on it, but didn't. We just hold her and give her lots of TLC.
- Kiley weighs 20.3 lbs. She is currently wearing size 12 mo., some 9 mo. clothes still fit. She can wear size 18 mo., but they are loose and she definitely has room to grow.
- Some solid foods we've given her recently that she loves are bananas, potatoes (she LOVES!), cheese, daddy gave her a nibble of a chocolate muffin just to see if she'll like chocolate for her birthday cake.
- She has said mom, but only a few times. Still not as much as dada, or dad. She still jibber jabbers, lots of la, la, la's, na, na, na's, etc...
-Kiley is crawling like crazy and picking up speed. She often gets so excited and takes off too fast, then does a face plant on the carpet. She just gets right back up and goes for it again.
- She sleeps really well, all night through. Usually she'll go down between 9-10 o'clock and not get up until 7:00, 7:15ish. I sometimes have to wake her up to get her dressed and off to daycare so I can be on time to school.
- She is still Smiley Kiley most of the time. She's just happy and content to play with her toys or go for a ride in the stroller on these beautiful end of summer evenings.
Here are some pics of our little girl. We are just amazed at how fast this year has flown! We feel extremely blessed Kiley is a healthy, happy girl. It is hard to believe we'll be celebrating her first birthday in just 3 short weeks!! We have been planning and are finalizing everything this weekend.
|My mom and her flowery headbands! Stop already!|
|Books, books, where are my books?|
|O.k., read that one, where is the next book? What else we got in here?|
|Ooooo, I love the music in that commercial.|
|Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, love that song too!|
|My mom wants me to turn and face her with a big smile. I can't take my eyes off my Baby Einstein video.|
|Mom, you should really dust the bottom of this table before my birthday party! Seriously, look at all the dust!|
|Oh, and there are a TON of fingerprints on this glass... you should really clean this too!|
|Whew, just taking a little break here. This crawling is exhausting!|
|I will open that gate, I will, I will.|
|I can't wait to turn one and get that smash cake!!!!|