Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Baby

Scott and I are contemplating expanding our search with adoption.  We are looking into additional agencies and thinking it might increase our chances for placement quicker.  I know so many other couples have waited a lot longer than we have.  It has only been 6 months "officially".  It's coming up on almost a year though since we began all the paperwork last May.  But, I also take into consideration the 4 1/2 years of fertility treatments and procedures and the fact that we're a little older than most couples.  It is incredibly hard to be patient.  We have faith and know it will happen in God's time, not ours.  That was by far, the hardest part to surrender to.  So, we are praying for our birthmother, wherever she may be, whoever she is.  We pray first of all, she chooses life.  We pray for her to get the support and care she needs during her pregnancy.  We pray for her in the hardest decision of her life and the greatest sacrifice.   And we pray for our little one.  We can't imagine the indescribable joy we will feel the day we finally get to meet him or her!   This sweet, sweet video is from Christian Adoption Consultants.  I actually didn't cry watching this, I just felt a sense of peace.  I think it was God's way of saying, "Here, watch this, it will be you soon.  Have faith.  I am with you."  Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6odB5WNPQ0
 

2 comments:

  1. The video was sweet! I am glad you are pursuing additional avenues for adoption. Continuing to pray for you both as you wait for your precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimmie & Scott when I watched that wonderful video it had you all over it! A lucky little baby will be blessed to have you both as parents.
    I will be lighting a candle for all of you at St. Mikes in the morning:-)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete