Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Sign from God

Earlier last week, I was driving home from school and I was praying out loud.  Whenever I don't like what's on the radio, I hit the mute button and pray.  It happens quite often.  Well, my conversation went a little something like this..."God, please, I'm begging you, give us a sign, let me know you hear our prayers.  PA-LEASE!! Give me something!  This is SO hard!  This waiting is too much!"  So, after lunch on Tuesday, I walk back to class, awaiting the kids to come down the hall to begin the afternoon.  I saw my red message light blinking and began to listen.  Little ones hurried in the room, grabbing their books. Thank goodness I've trained them well, to come back quietly and start to read.  I love how independent they are at this time of year!  Well, the message I was hearing I couldn't believe!  I had to play it back 3 times.  It was a lady from our church.  She and her husband were in the same parenting class we had to take last summer.  They recently adopted a little girl in January and she told me about the attorney and agency they had placed with, were having difficulties finding couples for a few birthmoms.  She also emailed me a TON of names and numbers of agencies who will work with us as a 2nd agency.  All week long I made phone calls, sent emails, and networked like crazy.  Things didn't pan out the way we had hoped, but we did get our names on the board with a few more people.  I think it was definitely a sign from God.  I think it her phone call may very well open a door for us.  O.k. God, I hear you.  Thanks for the sign!  Now... we keep on praying and waiting.  

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray each day that a precious little one will come into your lives soon.

    ReplyDelete